Monday, March 23, 2009

Ruminations on Shoe Shopping

-DSW apparently believes large-footed women do not deserve cute shoes.
-Proof of Jessica Simpson's height-impairedness: heel height of her shoe designs
-Is there something wrong with me if I buy a pair of Dr. Scholls shoes? Like, medically wrong?
-Salesperson, please do not take a shopper's query about shoe comfort as the opportunity to create a one-woman show about your European vacation for all the store to hear. Those Europeans, they walk EVERYWHERE. We get it.
-What's ickier: Carrying my own sweaty trouser sock around in my purse for unexpected shoe shopping emergencies, or using those disposable nude nylon footies that inevitably pop off while I'm in mid-stride on the way to the mirror?
-New shoes are the gateway drug to new jeans (need the right length for heel height), followed by Anthropologie sweaters (on sale!), followed by trench coats (must look pulled-together now that pretty shoes and jeans have been acquired).

5 comments:

brianfed said...

it's a slippery slope...

Rhiannon said...

I don't think I've ever seen a Size 11 in DSW. Which is why I refuse to go in, OR EVEN look at DSW when I drive by. Which is very hard, as I meet my carpool in the parking lot next to DSW.

Courtenay said...

Don't forget a new bag! he he

Blythe said...

Yes! A new bag! Slippery slope, indeed.

And my heart was broken by a pair of pink faux snakeskin heels that only went up to size EIGHT. What, is this what Santa's elves do in the off-season? Make tiny shoes?

Mego said...

Oh Blythe, it's like you're speaking right to me and my gigantic feet. You know how you feel in DSW? That's how 12's like me feel in most department/discount/shoe stores. It's horrible, isn't it? The only cure for the feeling is a trip to Nordstrom Rack. They not only always have everyone's size, they have all the shoes there for you to see, so you don't have to embarrass yourself by asking a salesclerk what the biggest size they carry is.