Friday, December 12, 2008

Here you go.

-I threw a little holiday shindig last night, mostly just as an excuse to make The Pioneer Woman's Holiday Bacon Appetizers. It's the recipe you've been waiting for. I also whipped up some Guac with Pears and Pomegranate Seeds (via MightyGirl). Food for meat-eaters and veggies alike, that's my party mantra.

-We've got a bunch of plans for the weekend, all of which involve being out and about, so if this storm the forecasters are promising actually arrives, I won't be impressed. But I recall from the last winter I spent here that the weather drama is normally confined to local newsrooms and one or two poor newscasters shivering in the rain on freeway overpasses, waiting for snowflakes.

-I hadn't entered a Nordstrom store in ages, so yesterday when I finally got there I didn't want to go home. They have nice bathrooms, clothing and shoes, and a nearby cafe. Why should I ever leave?

-The best thing about owning a DVR is that I can watch the Charlie Brown Christmas specials anytime I want.

No comments: