Thursday, October 09, 2008

You Are Here

We are in our new house. It is full of boxes and I can't find any soap or a notepad, but I've been reunited with my KitchenAid mixer and the Christmas decorations.

Theo stayed with a babysitter the day we moved and came home suddenly knowing how to say "sorry." Which says to me that there was a reason he had to learn to apologize. Maybe he'll figure out he should have said "sorry" after he head-butted me this afternoon and nearly gave me a black eye. Thank goodness my German spectacles are made of Titanium.

It only took me two months to realize how great it is not to live in a swing state. I don't think I've seen a single presidential campaign ad on television.

I can't seem to find time to sit down and write a coherent post. So you're getting this weird list instead. Next time maybe I'll just inventory one of the boxes I'm unpacking and you can live the excitement right along with me.

3 comments:

annaleib said...

Welcome home, my friend!

Christina G said...

Congrats on the new home!

Katie said...

Wunderbar! I'm sure ye olde brain will crank out post after post once there's one of those little trash cans in each bathroom and toilet paper neatly stacked beneath sinks. Can't wait to enjoy some cocoa with you next winter :-) Hugs from Shangers!