Monday, May 26, 2008

Monday again, already?

-I've been unfaithful, dear readers. I'm spending all my time over at Wordpress and neglecting you. Is it a case of the grass is greener, or the template is cooler, or the code is more exciting? I'm not sure. But instead of posting, I spend all my time deciphering FTP instructions and trying to find code in CSS. I'm not really sure what any of that means, exactly, but don't I sound smart? And why do you care? Well, one of these days I hope to teach the old blog some new tricks and get rid of the lovely lavender. But first, I have to put my geek hat on for a while.

-As long as we're on the subject of stuff most of you don't care about, I really wish Twitter would behave. I understand that it's growing fast, and they do make the cutest announcements when they're having problems ("Twitter is stressing out a bit right now") but that doesn't help me when I'm trying to be an effective stalker.

-I know you've been dying to hear what I thought about Kristi Yamaguchi's big win last week. She deserved the title but her partner needs to tone down the singing/facial expressions. Isn't there a deduction for that? Looking back on the competition, I wish Mario had stuck around. He didn't deserve to go. And Jason Taylor may inspire me to tune in to an NFL game this year.

-I'll leave you with this, Saturday's Eurovision song contest winner, from Russia. Not since Madonna's Like A Virgin days has someone mopped the stage floor in a white outfit so attractively.

2 comments:

G in Berlin said...

I'm playing with Wordpress as well, but at the free version it doesn't allow Javascript (widgets) and I'm a little uncertain how to host it myself- what are you planning on doing? If you are minkeying with CSS I assume you will host yourself?

Blythe said...

G-
I'm considering moving it to a host. My other blog (theteeroom.org) is built at a host, using Wordpress. It's definitely a steep learning curve but I like the flexibility.