Friday, March 28, 2008

Q&A Part 1 - All About Me

Thanks for your questions; I'm having fun answering them. I'll get to all of them in upcoming posts. If you have more, just keep putting them in the comments. Here we go:

What were you like in high school?
I was a know-it-all who complained constantly about living in a small town. I hung out with the popular kids in school, judged them all for partying on the weekends, got good grades, and wondered why no one wanted to date me. Anyone out there who knew me in high school (despite the above characteristics I did have a few friends), please feel free to chime in.

What's the one aspect of parenting you enjoy the least?
I can take the frustration and the whining because the payoffs of smiles and laughter and watching him grown and change are fantastic. But the lack of intellectual stimulation - how many hours can I spend lying on the floor, putting the blocks in the box, and dumping them out again? - drives me batty.

Who's your favorite designer of women's shoes?
I think Christian Louboutin's shoes are gorgeous and timeless. I probably wouldn't ever wear them even if I owned a pair, though, because really high heels make my feet hurt. I shop for dressy shoes at Nine West, and comfy shoes at Born or Clarks.

If you had to pick a group sport to join, what would it be?
I've always wanted to learn to play tennis, but that's not a group sport. I am horribly uncompetitive when it comes to sports and I'm not at all athletic, so I would choose something that few people could judge, like Jai Alai or Curling.

What's the worst job you've ever had?
I've always been picky about my jobs (much to my parents' displeasure sometimes), so I've never had a job that I completely hated. I had a boring summer job as a receptionist at a suction cup factory. The employees were nice but I had virtually nothing to do all day. I was a waitress for a brief while and again, I didn't hate it, but I did not excel.

No comments: