Thursday, March 06, 2008

The Latest Theo Thursday

My books did not tell me to expect that age 13.5 months is the Clingy/Whiny milestone, yet here we are. I'm trying to enjoy the clinging (we're calling it "snuggling") and do my best to ignore the whining. Ignore ignore ignore. I can't hear you when you're whining. Isn't that what our grandmothers said to us?

Theo has also become increasing sure about What He Wants and is getting better at pointing out his desires. Literally. I realized yesterday that I was (once again) acting as his minion as I carried him around in my arms as he pointed in the direction he wanted to go. I would take him there, and then he would turn around and point somewhere else, and we wandered around the house this way for some time. It's a glamorous life.

He's also learning words and Jeff is teaching him to point to various body parts (we've hit a bit of a roadblock with "eyes," wherein instead of pointing to his eyes when we point to ours, he reaches out and attempts to remove our eyelashes).

There is still no unassisted standing or walking, and for that I am truly grateful.


8 comments:

missbeegail said...

Theo is a genius! But we already knew that. What I really enjoy is Jeff's helpful coaching. What a supportive guy.

Kerri Butler said...

What a smartipants!!!

daniela said...

He's SO cute! And Jeff is "excellent".

Chantelle said...

Wow, mine must be precocious. We are starting clingy/whiny early. I am mastering the ability to walk with a body attached to my legs.

Love the video. What a smarty!

Maria said...

When The Boy started with the clingy, my sling became my best friend. Actually, each of my three slings became best friends at different times. Good luck! :) Oh, and I am ueber jealous about the walking. The Boy is running...non-stop...every minute he is awake!

EuroTrippen said...

It's great hearing a dad being so supportive & patient. Jeff is (in the words of Ted "Theodore" Logan & Bill S. Preston Esq.) most excellent!

Katie said...

Just when I think Theo couldn't be more adorable...he does this. What a pumpkin! And Jeff rocks quite a bit too. Darling.

Gardner said...

Very nice. Our Ian (18 months) has recently added many "words" (i.e., signs) to his vocabulary. It is great fun to watch.

Your guy is cute.