Wednesday, December 05, 2007

This is not a holiday gift guide.

This is a list of things I use every day that I love love love. I suppose if you know someone exactly like me, you could give one of them to her as a gift.


Reisenthel shopping bag
This bag folds up into a little pouch that I hang on the hook next to my house keys. I take it out with me every day, and I use it to hold bananas or baby food or gummi bears after I've bought them.








Microplane Grater
In my past life, I never zested citrus fruits or grated my own Parmesan cheese or garlic or ginger. And now I do, because this thing makes it easy and the clean-up doesn't make my knuckles bleed.




Case Logic TBC-4 Camera Bag
I ordered this bag sight unseen after reading the Amazon reviews and recommendations so I wasn't sure it was going to be just what I needed. The Amazon reviewers are lovers/haters but they didn't steer me wrong this time. Despite it being advertised as a camcorder bag, it fits our Canon Powershot S3 IS just perfectly, with room for cords and batteries. AND the little carrying loop fits nicely over our stroller handles.






Moleskine Weekly Planner + Notebook
I bought this when I felt disorganized but didn't have enough going on to fill the kind of planner I used to use when I had a job. I am now a Moleskine convert and just opening and closing the little leather cover of this thing gives me joy. Yes,I'm a freak, but this planner makes me happy.







Baby Rear-View Mirror
This allows me to see Theo while I drive and he rides in his rear-facing carseat. I feel comfortable allowing him to screech in the car because, with this mirror, I can tell he's just annoyed, not injured.

No comments: