Thursday, November 29, 2007

Theo Thursday the Fourth

Theo and his dad went out to get some Chinese food for our dinner, so I'm writing in blissful quiet. Our little pterodactyl has recommenced his dinosaur screech during the past few weeks and, frankly, it's giving me a headache.

Also giving me a headache is the aftermath of my visit to the dentist this afternoon. The hygienist cleaned my teeth for an entire hour and I hate to tell you this but it was sort of gory. Do beer and bratwurst cause plaque to multiply exponentially or is it just another example of German thoroughness? I think I might even start flossing just to avoid the bloodbath next time. (Wait, isn't that almost exactly what I said last time?)

Speaking of (no, not bloodbaths) dental hygiene, I bought a weird little baby toothbrush for Theo earlier this week. It has about twelve rubber bristles and I guess I'm supposed to rub it across his little teeth after he eats. So far I can't even get the package open. That, combined with my bad example, does not bode well for his future dental health.

THEO'S BREAKFAST SOUNDTRACK: Uncle Scott and Auntie Kerri's Christmas Mix

4 comments:

Katie said...

This scares the @#(* out of me. Considering I'm going to attempt to get a crown put on over here come '08. OY.

Blythe said...

Katie, it might make you feel better to know that my dentist has always been kind and gentle. Only the hygienist seems to enjoy inflicting pain.

Chantelle said...

I just bought one of those rubber tooth brushes yesterday. No idea if it is doing anything, but Perrin likes to chew on it.

Katie said...

thanks Blythe, that totally makes me feel just fine about it*


*total lie