Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Land of the Living

I used to have time and energy to think about the point of my posts and come up with "themes" and "structure" but I've completely given that up in favor of actually keeping things up and running. So those of you who want quality writing might want to look elsewhere. (For example, my friend Katie has just posted a message to her rebellious teenage washing machine, and mimi smartypants is judging the other soccermoms, and both posts will make you laugh.)

For the rest of you who are just lazy enough to stay here:

-One week ago I went to bed with a bit of an ache in my shoulders and finally, finally, after a week of various levels if ick, I woke up this morning feeling like a human being is supposed to feel. That is, I didn't have to give myself a pep talk before opening both eyes simultaneously. Thanks for asking.

-I didn't see any really badly dressed people at the Emmy awards, besides Terry O'Quinn, but seeing him win was like watching my sweet ex-Shriner childhood next door neighbor up there, so I won't insult his hot pink shirt. The woman all looked spectacular. A few hair missteps, yes (Kate Walsh, did you come straight from your new marital bed? And Ellen Pompeo, I'm not quite sure what to think.), but all in all the ladies glowed and the men were dapper. See how good I'm feeling, how cheerful?

-Taking photos of my clothes every day has been so eye-opening. I've always known I was not curvy or fashionista but I didn't realize I walk out of the house every day looking like a teenage boy. I like to think I used to try harder when someone was paying me money to dress up, but did I? September is difficult, anyway, clothing-wise, since I haven't given up on my summer wardrobe but it's too cold to wear all my flirty skirts and bare legs and short sleeves. Maybe I'll try this photo project again in November or January or something and I won't look like such a loser.

-The scooting has commenced, with the crawling not far behind. Be Afraid.

5 comments:

Chantelle said...

Ooh ooh. I got a scooter too since yesterday. I am hoping he will give me a little time before the crawling starts in, though, because this place is a baby hazard right now.

Maria said...

Crawling is crazy! I swear it has helped me lose another 5 pounds, and walking is getting so close for us... maybe that will be another 5 pounds? LOL!

Brian said...

have you seen the gofugyourself emmy coverage? i'm not so sure everyone made it out of there with their fashion credibility still living...

MollyB said...

Taking pics of clothes - great idea! I'm with you on the uncomfortable between-season time.

Anonymous said...

hmm, sept in bayern. I just returned from a short trip to the good old pacific Nw, where I got a dose of culture shock. I ordered a Soft Taco and got what I believe to be a Burrito. Oh well. Was glad to get back here to my Schnitzel and sauerbraten. Have 30 years of living by Amberg twisted me?