Thursday, July 26, 2007

Status Report

Theo's latest accomplishments:

-Remaining totally bald. I don't really notice his lack of hair, but others have started commenting on it.

-Grabbing anything and everything, which reminds me of those people in the money cube on Name That Tune. You don't remember it? The money and the person were locked in a glass cube, the air jets started and the contestant grabbed anything and everything he could get his hands on. In Theo's case, that's meant a lot of my hair, the webcam cord, and a big handful of Thai noodles. Of course it all ends up in his mouth. Maybe that's where all his hair is? He's ripped it out and stuffed it in his chubby little cheeks.

-Or not-so-chubby cheeks, if you ask the growth charts. He's in the lowest quartile for both height and weight. Not surprising, considering his native gene pool. I'm secretly thankful that he will never be a linebacker. However, his veiny little head circumference is in the 95th percentile. Brainiac, that's him. Perhaps his scalp is just growing faster than the hair can cover it?

-Vocalizing. A lot. Sometimes jabbering and other time just shrieking. It's one of his trademarks. I hope the fine people on our transAtlantic flight appreciate his talent.

-Eating whatever his confused mother puts in his mouth. Thank heaven, because I am so confused about what to feed him when that I've just stopped thinking too hard about it. The German pediatrician told me to feed him a mixture of carrots and potatoes as a first food. The American books said rice cereal, followed by squash. One book told me avocado and my midwife said parsnips were the ideal first food. (Parsnips? Yes, parsnips.) So far he just seems happy to slurp down whatever we give him, which seems to have diminished the screeching. Do you think parsnips stunt the hair follicle?

5 comments:

Carol said...

Love the doe-in-the-headlights photo!

Carol

Maria said...

I should have saved The Boy's hair for you! He's had 3 haircuts already!!! Maybe you could have glued the to Theo's head? LOL!

Anyway-- my real purpose in commenting was to compliment you. I really enjoy your blog, and I look forward to checking it each day!

katie said...

Just so you know, I was bald until I was nearly 1. And look at me now! I'm going to miss your posts.

dani said...

Check out the pics I sent you from Amelia only 6 months ago. She didn't start getting hair until after her 2nd b-day. I was the same way too.

EuroTrippen said...

Awww, love the picture of his teeny, tiny teeth. Jim (mr. eurotrippen) said to tell you hair is overrated... bald is the new black!