Sunday, June 24, 2007

THE BIRDS

Here's a sign that maybe it's time to start fleeing the neighborhood:
Bird Flu Cases Confirmed in Southern Germany

Yes, that's right, the plague has crossed the Czech Republic border and landed in our back yard. We shouldn't be shocked, since Nurnberg is only 120km from the border, but still. I plan to ditch the Deutsches Hanchen (that's German chicken) in my freezer and use this as an excuse to eat steak for the foreseeable future. Also, an excuse to remain inside and re-watch all my Aaron Sorkin DVDs.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Blythe,

I'd love to meet you in Nurnberg in September (I'll be there from the 26th to the 29th), but let's have Nurnberger bratwurst instead of chicken!

I tried to e-mail you from the address on your blog, but I have a feeling it never went through. You can reach me at carolhsnider(at)gmail(dot)com.

Carol

ChristinaG said...

Wow, I didn't know you were in N├╝rnberg! We're just 40 minutes away!

Are there any English language cinemas there? Regensburg is pretty lame that way and I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get my seriously pregnant butt to Harry Potter!

Blythe said...

There's one:
The Roxy. Click on "program" for the schedule.

It's charming and rickety with a bad sound system but we don't care because we can understand what the people on the screen are saying.

Harry Potter is listed in the "coming soon" section, but they don't post the program more than a week in advance. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it arrives before your baby does.