Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Movie Meme*

Name a movie you have seen more than 10 times
I've seen all of the John Hughes movies about twenty times - Pretty in Pink thirty or more.

Name a movie you’ve seen multiple times in the theater
The Usual Suspects

Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie
Johnny Depp, Kate Winslet, Paul Rudd, Paul Newman, Sarah Jessica Parker, John Cusack, William H. Macy

Name an actor who would make you less likely to see a movie
Will Ferrell (I know everyone loves him, and I have professed my desire to see Blades of Glory, but those others - Anchorman, the NASCAR movie, etc - don't entice me at all.), Leonardo DiCaprio

Name a movie you can and do quote from
The Princess Bride

Name a movie musical in which you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
I once had a roommate who played the soundtrack day and night.

Name a movie you have been known to sing along with
Say Anything (When Lloyd holds up the boom box. You know the scene.)

Name a movie you would recommend everyone see
Truly, Madly, Deeply
To Kill A Mockingbird
The Usual Suspects

Name a movie you own
Almost Famous

Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops
Steve Carell

Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in?
The movie theatre in my hometown was closed during the summer when the drive-in was open, so we always saw summertime movies in the drive-in. Now they open the indoor theatre on weeknights and the drive-in on weekends.

Ever made out in a movie?
Sadly, no.

Name a movie you keep meaning to see but you just haven’t gotten around to yet
The Way We Were

Ever walked out of a movie?
Yes, but just because I had to catch a train, not because the movie was so bad. Though I can't even remember the name of it. David Duchovny and Minnie Driver were in it.

Name a movie that made you cry in the theater
I laughed so hard I cried at the end of Little Miss Sunshine.

Popcorn?
Hell yes.

How often do you go to the movies?
I used to go at least twice a month. Until Theo is more movie-friendly, I'll probably watch more at home.

What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?
Little Miss Sunshine

What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
Dramedy
I love a drama that makes me laugh a little.

What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
Grease
My mom took me after asking one of her friends if it was OK for kids, since I had never been to a PG movie before.

What movie do you wish you had never seen?
I can't think of one. I'm picky about the movies I see, and I can appreciate almost any genre if it's done well. I rarely see a movie without knowing a little bit about it, so my expectations are rarely disappointed.

What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?
Memento

What is the scariest movie you’ve seen?
The Silence of the Lambs

What is the funniest film you have ever seen?
There are so many. Sixteen Candles still kills me after many, many viewings.

*Meme stolen from delicious days.

2 comments:

Christina said...

The David Duchovny movie is "Return to Me". I think I may do this meme too, it's very interesting to read about your movie interests. :)

EuroTrippen said...

I completely agree about Will Ferrell making me... not only less likely, but unwilling to see a movie. Ditto for Ben Stiller.