Monday, April 23, 2007

Meta

There's really nothing more boring than blogging about blogging. But here I go anyway. I promise I'll try to be brief.

You've probably noticed that I haven't been posting as often as I used to. This has everything to do with the youngster currently asleep in his crib. I don't have a lot of time to blog, but that's not the only problem. I'm still figuring out exactly how much I want to blog about Theo and about being a parent. Despite having a blog and telling y'all the gory details of my baby's birth, and expressing my crankiness and ineptitude when learning German, I really am a private person. And since most of my time and mental energy these days is spent blindly navigating the new parenthood trail, I really don't have much else to blog about. But I'm not sure I want to go into all those details, since so many others do it better than I could, and take much greater care and more time with their writing. And then there's my thesis, which I'm trying to finish. I should probably be doing that right now, in fact. Don't tell my advisor I'm here.

Also, the next few weeks will be busy, with visitors and a vacation and such. So I'm writing to ask you to bear with me if I'm not around a lot. I will be back on a more regular basis before Britney's hair grows back. I promise.

P.S.
And I'll keep posting pictures at FlickR (see those little photo squares on the right). Our camera is apparently incapable of taking a photo without our baby in it. But we're getting a new camera(!) so maybe that will help.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Ack! You said "Thesis." Don't tell my adviser I haven't worked on mine in months! I am a bad student!

How much you reveal is truly a personal decision. We (my husband and I) live our life in a relatively public sphere, so I write more openly than a lot of people would be willing to do (and gave The Boy his own blog). Heck, The Boy's birth was announced on the team's website before some of my friends knew!!!

P.S. A new camera doesn't help. It only takes more photos of the baby. It's crazy!

EuroTrippen said...

Love the 'my crib rocks' onesie. As a person who often speaks first, thinks later - I can completely appreciate being a little guarded. I should take notes...


Enjoy your time off, and have fun sunning in some exotic Tuscan villa, you jet-setter, you!

Carol said...

"Oh please don't go. We'll eat you up, we love you so..."

And we (well, I anyway...) LOVE baby blogs!

Carol