Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Books - January 2007

fussy.org T-shirt
Good Grief by Lolly Winston
I hesitated to pick this up because I thought a book about a young widow couldn't be the light read that matched my mood, but somehow it was a little goofy.

Dispatches from the Edge by Anderson Cooper
OK, I'm a fan, though after seeing enough of his press appearances for this book I felt like I didn't get much new from reading it. He's had an interesting career already, though. (No surprise that he doesn't mention his stint hosting reality show The Mole.)

The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
Wonderful character voices, contemplating love across time and cities. Melancholy but hopeful.

A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby
I always think Nick Hornby is funny, and here he makes suicidal Brits (plus one American) slightly ridiculous but lovable.

No comments: