Sunday, December 31, 2006

Books - December 2006

An Artist of the Floating World by Kazuo Ishiguro
My third Ishiguro book in the past few months. He still moves me. I haven't read much about post-WWII Japan, and I enjoyed the atmospheric sense this book gave me. The plot was a kind of warm-up for The Remains of the Day.

The Nursing Mother's Companion by Kathleen Huggins
The chances that I retained even ten percent of this (apparently very helpful and clear) information are slim. But maybe it's all there in the brain recesses, I'll let you know.

Saturday by Ian McEwan
My last-read novel of 2007 is also my favorite. I was pleased and satisfied at its beginning, when I thought it was simply a contemplation of one day in the life of a London neurosurgeon. It turned into so much more.

The Secret Love of Sons by Nicholas Weinstock
A gift from my mother-in-law, the mother of three remarkable men.

No One Cares What You Had For Lunch by Margaret Mason
Mighty Girl to the rescue in this book of short and useful ideas for making a more interesting blog. Brace yourself.

2 comments:

Carol said...

So this means you're having a little BOY?! (Maybe I missed that post...) There's nothing like a toddler boy and his mommy! Congrats!

Carol

EuroTrippen said...

I thought about ordering no one cares what you had for lunch... figured if nothing else it would be funny. Still, I think I like the mighty girl t-shirt more.