Friday, September 01, 2006

Books - August 2006

Live from New York by James A. Miller and Tom Shales
All the backstage dirt I wonder about when I watch talented people work together. Stars (writers, actors, producers, and more) of SNL share their apparently uncensored memories of their time in the pressure cooker. Reading it made me glad I've never had a job where screaming arguments were part of the daily grind.

Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
Fascinating analysis of the human decision-making process, using stories, statistics, and real-life examples. I read this book in less than 24 hours (OK, I was jetlagged, so I didn't sleep during that time, but it really is a quick read.)

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
Have you ever read a book just because you feel like you're missing part of American culture if you don't? That's one reason to read this. Also, it's pretty short.

Julie and Julia by Julie Powell
Funny and delicious. Some bloggers really can write good books. And, apparently, assemble every recipe in Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Volume 1.

No comments: