Friday, July 14, 2006

Books - July 2006

Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
Required reading for international transplants trying to learn the language that surrounds them.

The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger
The first time I read this, I thought Holden just needed to get over himself. Now, I get it. I hope that's not how John Hinckley, Jr. felt too.

What to Expect When You're Expecting by by Heidi Murkoff, Arlene Eisenberg, Sandee Hathaway
Yes, that's some kind of announcement. And you thought the World Cup results were a surprise. Stay tuned for January delivery.

5 comments:

EuroTrippen said...

Congratulations!!!

abby said...

blythe,

congrats! i've been following your adventures faithfully and i hear through the grapevine (brian) that you'll be in oregon later this summer. i told brian i have to be his date to any function celebrating your return, so hopefully i'll see you soon. happy and safe travels.

Mrs. Kennedy said...

Ha! Clever. Congratulations.

Kerri said...

I've been waiting for the big announcement! Yeah! Can't wait to see you. KW

Carol said...

Funny that I should happen upon your blog (via the Germany and travel route) on the day that I posted about my late summer reading! Come visit!

Carol