Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Meme me up

I love filling out questionnaires, which means I love memes. Since I never seem to get tagged for these things, I've taken to stealing them from others. This one comes from Mena Trott, tech royalty.

Name your top 10 most played bands on iTunes:
1. Dandy Warhols
2. Anna Nalick
3. Nena
4. Coldplay
5. Jeff Buckley
6. Fettes Brot
7. Kelly Clarkson
8. INXS
9. Travis
10. Yo-Yo Ma


What was the first song you ever heard by 6 (Fettes Brot)?
Emanuela, the one I have on my iPod. I saw it on MTV Europe during our initial visit to Germany, and I couldn't get it (or its goofy marching band video) out of my head.

What is your favorite album of 2 (Anna Nalick)?
Since she's only got one...Wreck of the Day.

What is your favorite lyric that 5 (Jeff Buckley) has sung?
I know that there's a god above/but all I've ever learned from love/is how to shoot somebody who outdrew ya

How many times have you seen 4 (Coldplay) live?
Never. CURSES.

What is your favorite song by 7 (Kelly Clarkson)?
I think this officially makes me uncool, but I really like "Since You've Been Gone." And I'll even admit to having a soft spot for "A Moment LIke This."

What is a good memory you have involving the music of 10 (Yo-Yo Ma)?
I downloaded this because I heard it on an outstanding episode of The West Wing, where Josh suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder. Hearing it makes me nostalgic for the heady days of Aaron Sorkin-led TWW.

Is there a song of 3 (Nena) that makes you sad?
99 Luftballoons, only because it reminds me of all the bad clothes/hair/behavior of junior high school.

What was the first song you heard by 8 (INXS)?
The One Thing, on MTV, along with the sexy video involving food and slinky cats.

What is your favorite lyric that 2 (Anna Nalick) has sung?
There's no turning back/we're like cars on a cable/and life's like an hourglass/glued to the table

How did you get into 3 (Nena)?
Well, there's that whole 99 Luftballoons thing, but I rediscovered Nena when I moved to Germany and saw her cool Lass Mich video on TV.

What was the first song you heard by 1 (Dandy Warhols)?
Bohemian Like You. Yeah, I know, I lived in Portland and I didn't hear them before they hit the mainstream. What of it?

What is your favorite song by 4 (Coldplay)?
Fix You

How many times have you seen 9 (Travis) live?
Never. Actually I only listen to one Travis song and don't know anything else about them, but clearly I listen to this one song a lot.

What is a good memory you have involving 2 (Anna Nalick)?
I first heard her on my favorite radio station of all time, KINK FM 102 in Portland. (Don't go to kink.com, you'll get something else entirely.)

Is there a song of 8 (INXS) that makes you sad?
Mystify. Because it's just such a great song, and I'll never hear Michael Hutchence sing it again.

What is your favorite cover by 9 (Travis)?
Hit Me Baby One More Time, which is actually the only song by Travis that I listen to. But it's a doozy.

2 comments:

Jeff (the husband) said...

...and there she goes being nerdy again, what can I do...Kelly Clarkson, come on who listens to that stuff....

EuroTrippen said...

At least she didn't cop to being a Clay Aiken fan... cause that's just the point of no return. heh.