Thursday, May 18, 2006

In case you care

-Chris, my predicted American Idol champion, was voted off the island last week. Shocking, yes, but his departure (along with Elliott's not-unexpected exit) turned the final competition into more of a horserace. Will we have Kelly Clarkson II? Or is America ready for a Ray Charles/Joe Cocker/Doobie Brothers hybrid? I like them both, but I do have a hard time seeing a Taylor Hicks single at the top of the Pop charts. Adult Contemporary, perhaps.

-I can't believe I have to repeat myself, but I'd like to make another request to the gossip media to lay off Katie (um, Kate) Holmes for five seconds. Did I really read somewhere that she's being accused of faking stretch marks for the cameras? And subtly revealing them when the breeze blows her blouse aside?

-It's hard not to feel a little sorry for Dan Brown. I guess that's what you get for writing a book everyone in the world wants to read - sued and booed. Reviewing his bank accounts probably cheers him right up, though.

3 comments:

EuroTrippen said...

How is it you're able to watch American Idol? I can't get it here... sob. We just signed up for Premiere so we can get our Lost fix, but no AI as far as I can tell.

As for Dan Brown, yep, I'm sure he's crying all the way to the bank. But seriously, can you imagine the writer's block he must have? I mean, how do you top the most buzzed about book in the last 10 years?

Blythe said...

We have British TV (Sky satellite) so I get to watch Oprah and America's Next Top Model (and American Idol three days late). But I must wait for Lost to emerge on DVD.

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»