Tuesday, May 23, 2006

But can they play the guitar with their tongues?

If you've been caught up in the American Idol hoopla, you might have missed the results of this year's Eurovision song contest. Eurovision, a contest famous mainly for the long-term obscurity of its winners, its complex voting procedures, and ABBA, was won this past weekend by Finnish band Lordi. Their song, Hard Rock Hallelujah, harkens back to hair metal at its best, and the band members are known for their elaborate monster costumes, without which they refuse to be photographed. Lordi's victory was somewhat controversial, seen by many (especially the second-place Russians) as a protest against the traditionally pop-oriented tenor of most Eurovision songs.

I'm sharing this information with you mainly because I believe it's high time for the emergence of an heir to KISS. And because I wanted an excuse to link to the band's website, which includes a warning that it contains "strong monster violence and gore."

3 comments:

k said...

I think it is important that you see this:

www.minikissonline.com/

I saw it on Comedy Central's The Daily Show while I was getting my American TV fix online last week (while sick at home with KIDNEY STONES)!

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»