Friday, April 28, 2006

Books - April 2006

The Agony and the Ecstasy by Irving Stone
Essential reading if you're planning to visit Florence or Rome.

Barcelona Lonely Planet Guide
Follow their directions to Parc Guell; you'll ride open-air escalators instead of trudging up the hill with the sweaty masses.

The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown
Maybe you've heard of this one? It's dedicated to me, you know. Check the flyleaf.

Half in Love by Maile Meloy
Short stories about people I feel like I've met before. And the author is a young woman who was raised in Montana. And her brother fronts a hip band.

HTML for the World Wide Web by Elizabeth Castro
I told you I am a geek.

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
It has some of the eerie futuristic elements of The Handmaid's Tale without feeling like science fiction. I was reluctant to jump on the bandwagon (I've been cranky about hype ever since I slammed shut The Corrections midway through and had it immediately removed from my home) but now I'm riding it right along with the book reviewers of the world.

2 comments:

daniela said...

love the agony and the extasy. read it in spain while totally sick with food poisoning. only thing that kept me sane.

Rielle said...

I am always searching for a good book. :)