Friday, March 31, 2006

Books - March 2006

Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
A graceful story that painlessly led me on a philosophical journey. I wasn't beaten about the head with a Bible, yet I mused about God, and even Jesus.

House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski
It could be argued that this one took me on a philosophical journey, too. And it's really creepy. And when you see the page count you'll understand why I only read three books this month. It's been called the "Blair Witch" of novels, and I'd agree with that accusation.

The Power of Now by Eckhardt Tolle
Guess what? Another philosophical journey. This one is a little too New-Agey-gaze-at-a-plant-and-sense-its-life-force for me (see: my distaste for all things Celestine Prophecy) but it's caused me to look at the world in a slightly different light.

No comments: