Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Books - February 2006

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
Funny and sad and fascinating and I loved it even though there's quite a bit of math involved.

The City of Falling Angels by John Berendt
Some Venetians are testy about this book, but at least he promises that it's really nonfiction. My next weekend trip, perhaps?

French Women Don't Get Fat by Mireille Guiliano
I actually started eating plain yogurt after I read this book. I figure, if the CEO of Cristal can do it, I can too.

Love Bug by Zoe Barnes
I had to read something on that long train ride, didn't I?

Blessings by Anna Quindlen
A sweet story, and if someone could buy me the featured home for my birthday, I'd appreciate it.

The Best of Montana's Short Fiction edited by William Kittredge and Allen Morris Jones
Maybe by the time they publish the next edition, there will be a section devoted to former Montanans' blogs?

Will You Please Be Quiet, Please? by Raymond Carver
These stories aren't gonna cheer you up, but they will scare you and you won't be sure why.

No comments: